Harmful Code means any form of harmful surreptitious code or other contaminants, including viruses, bugs, trojan horses, spyware or adware.
Loss means loss, damage, cost or expense (to any person or property) including consequential or indirect loss or any loss of profits, data or revenue.
Agency means any agency (including departments) of the Australian Government.
You and your means the user of australia.gov.au, the Smart Form Service or an Account.
Our, us and we means the Commonwealth of Australia represented by the Department of Finance and Deregulation.
- Your use of australia.gov.au does not:
- affect or reduce any obligation any Agency owes you; or
- reduce any obligation you owe to any Agency.
- The australia.gov.au website is not a substitute for independent professional advice and you should obtain any appropriate professional advice relevant to your particular circumstances. You must exercise your own judgement and carefully evaluate the material on australia.gov.au.
- We strive to protect information you provide on australia.gov.au. We will use all reasonable endeavours to ensure that australia.gov.au and your information are not compromised. However, we cannot guarantee that no Harmful Code will enter australia.gov.au. You should be aware of the risks associated with using websites.
- We recommend that you use appropriate and up-to-date firewall and anti-virus software to protect your computer systems.
- If you experience a problem or loss that is caused by the information you send to or via australia.gov.au, your computer being compromised in some way or by something beyond our control, we cannot take responsibility for causing the problem. We will, however, do our best to help you if we can.
- Where connection to a system or website outside our control compromises the objectives of australia.gov.au, we may sever links to that website or system.