Harmful Code means any form of harmful surreptitious code or other contaminants, including viruses, bugs, trojan horses, spyware or adware.
Loss means loss, damage, cost or expense (to any person or property) including consequential or indirect loss or any loss of profits, data or revenue.
Agency means any agency (including departments) of the Australian Government.
Participating Agencies means Australian Government agencies that are working with us to deliver the australia.gov.au service to you.
You and your means the user of australia.gov.au, the Smart Form Service or an Account.
Our, us and we means the Commonwealth of Australia represented by the Department of Finance and Deregulation.
- The australia.gov.au Account allows you to create an online account with one user ID and password to access online services of Participating Agencies. For further information, please read the terms and conditions - Account.
- We may revise these terms and conditions from time to time. Please check our website.
- You agree to use australia.gov.au only for lawful purposes, and in a manner that does not infringe the rights of or restrict or inhibit the use and enjoyment of australia.gov.au by any third party. This includes conduct which is unlawful or which may harass or cause distress or inconvenience to any person, the transmission of obscene or offensive content or disruption to australia.gov.au.
- You must not post or transmit via australia.gov.au any unlawful, defamatory, obscene, offensive or scandalous material, or any material that constitutes or encourages conduct that would contravene any law.
- Your use of australia.gov.au does not:
- affect or reduce any obligation owed to you by any Agency; or
- reduce any obligation you owe to any Agency.
- The australia.gov.au website is not a substitute for independent professional advice and you should obtain any appropriate professional advice relevant to your particular circumstances. You must exercise your own judgement and carefully evaluate the material on australia.gov.au. Please read the full disclaimer statement.
- We take reasonable care in linking australia.gov.au to other websites but we have no direct control over the content presented in those websites or the availability of those websites. Any information on a linked website is provided "As Is".
- We make no representation that the material on any linked websites does not infringe the intellectual property rights or any other rights of any person. We do not authorise the reproduction of such material.
- We do not endorse or recommend any links to external websites, or third party content, including products and services offered by, from or through those websites or their content.
- The development of the australia.gov.au website is coordinated by us, however some interactions with australia.gov.au occur on systems under the control of other Participating Agencies. We are responsible for:
- the security of information while it is collected by, stored on or passing through our systems; and
- the security of the links from our systems to systems under the control of Participating Agencies.
- Participating Agencies are responsible for the security of information while it is collected by, stored on or passing through systems within their control.
- We strive to protect information you provide on australia.gov.au. We will use all reasonable endeavours to ensure that australia.gov.au and your information are not compromised. However, we cannot guarantee that no Harmful Code will enter australia.gov.au. You should be aware of the risks associated with using websites.
- We recommend that you use appropriate and up-to-date firewall and anti-virus software to protect your computer systems.
- If you experience a problem or loss that is caused by information you included in your australia.gov.au Account, your computer being compromised in some way or by something beyond our control, we cannot take responsibility for causing the problem. We will, however, do our best to help you if we can.
- Where connection to a system or website outside our control compromises the objectives of australia.gov.au, we may sever links to that website or system.
- For more information about how we protect your privacy and personal information, please see our privacy statement.
- We will only use and disclose your personal information to a person, body or other Agency:
- to provide you with a service that you have requested;
- as authorised by law, for example, if a law enforcement authority or court order lawfully directs us to disclose the information of a user of australia.gov.au.
Last updated: 1 July 2012