Terms and conditions - Account
Account means an australia.gov.au account.
Agency means any agency (including departments) of the Australian Government.
Loss means loss, damage, cost or expense (to any person or property) including consequential or indirect loss or any loss of profits, data or revenue.
Our, us and we means the Commonwealth of Australia represented by the Department of Finance and Deregulation.
You and your means the user of australia.gov.au, a SmartForm or an Account.
- We may make changes to australia.gov.au at any time. If these changes affect your rights or obligations as a user of the Account, we will notify you and you will be asked to accept new terms and conditions. Your subsequent use of the Account constitutes an agreement by you to comply with and be bound by the revised terms and conditions.
- These terms and conditions do not negate any terms or conditions of use of any other Agency website or service.
- Users accessing any other Agency website or service need to inform themselves of the terms and conditions of the other Agency website or service.
- Please contact us if you have any questions, problems or feedback regarding the your Account.
- To create and use an Account you must accept and comply with these Account terms and conditions.
- You may close your Account online at australia.gov.au at any time. In addition, if you do not access your Account for eighteen (18) months, your Account will be closed by us.
- If your Account is not available for any reason, alternative access to an Agency’s online services may not be available through the relevant Agency’s website. However, you can communicate directly with the relevant Agency by other means, for example by telephone, in person or through their website.
- Having an Account does not:
- affect or reduce any obligation owed to you by any Agency; or
- reduce any obligation you owe to any Agency.
- You must:
- keep your Account user ID, password and your secret questions and answers secure at all times;
- not permit any other person to use your user ID and password; and
- change your password regularly and when prompted.
- You should use appropriate and up-to-date firewall and anti-virus software to protect your computer systems.
- We have responsibilities relating to the security and privacy of your Account information and transactions and will use all reasonable endeavours to meet these responsibilities.
- We will use all reasonable endeavours to ensure that your information is not corrupted or changed. For more information on the mechanisms we have implemented to achieve this, please see our security statement.
- We will take reasonable care in providing the information and services through the australia.gov.au website. However, we cannot accept liability for any Losses that could arise as a result of your use of australia.gov.au, including your use of your Account.
- For more information about how we protect your privacy and personal information, please see our privacy statement.
Last updated: April 2012