I have an existing agency online account. How do I link this account to my australia.gov.au account?
If you have an existing online account with Centrelink, Child Support or Medicare, you can link your australia.gov.au account with your agency account.
Have your agency login details nearby when creating a link between accounts:
- Select the LOGIN button located on the top right of most pages within the australia.gov.au website.
- Enter your australia.gov.au user ID and password and answer one of your secret questions.
- You will be taken to the My Account page.
- Under the My online services heading, click on 'Link to online services'; you will be taken to a list of potential links.
- Choose 'Centrelink / Child Support / Medicare online services'.
- Choose the first option: 'I have an existing (Centrelink/Child Support/Medicare) account for the online services that I want to use.'
- Click 'Continue'.
- For security reasons, you will need to answer another of your secret questions.
- Choose which agency account/s you wish to link to your australia.gov.au account from the "Manage Links" page.
- You'll be taken to that agency's website. While you are there, the agency will check that you are the right person to be accessing your record at the agency.
- Once the agency has checked you're the right person, you'll be returned to the "Manage Links" page so you can see if the link was successful.
- To add links to more agency accounts, repeat steps 9-11.
- Your linked accounts will now display under the My online services heading.