How do I register for agency online services through australia.gov.au?
If you do not have an existing online account with one of the participating agencies listed below and want to use agency online services for the first time, you will need to register for online services.
- When you register for Centrelink or Medicare online services, you will be prompted to register for or login to your australia.gov.au account.
- When you have registered, you will be taken to the "Link to Centrelink / Child Support / Medicare online services" page and given a choice of options.
- You can choose either the second option to enter an Activation Code or the third option to answer a series of questions to prove who you are.
- If enough correct answers are confirmed, you will have successfully proven you own the record.
- You will then be taken to your australia.gov.au My Account page.
- Your linked accounts will now display under My online services.
If you fail to answer sufficient questions for the service to which you are trying to obtain access, you can try again later when you have more information available, or visit any Centrelink, Medicare or Child Support Office with approved photo Proof of Identity (POI) documentation.
- You will need to register for Child Support online services at register for CSAonline before linking your CSAonline account to your australia.gov.au Account.
- You will need your Child Support Reference Number in order to register with CSAonline.
- You will need a registration number from the Department of Veterans' Affairs before you can begin the registration process.
- During the registration process you will be prompted to register for or login to your australia.gov.au Account.