What do I do with the Activation Code I've been provided by Department of Human Services?
If a Customer Service Adviser from the Department of Human Services (DHS) has provided you with an activation code, follow the process below to activate your Centrelink, Child Support and/or Medicare Online Services accounts.
Note - your activation code will expire 14 days after it was issued.
- Either create a new australia.gov.au account or log into your existing australia.gov.au account.
- Go to Register for online services and follow the prompts.
- At the "Link to Centrelink / Child Support / Medicare online services" page, choose the second option and click 'Continue'.
- You will need to enter your activation code and just one of your Centrelink, Child Support or Medicare reference numbers. You can only use a reference number that is associated with the activation code.
• if you were given access to Centrelink Online Services, you will need your Centrelink Reference Number (CRN).
• if you were given access to multiple Online Services, e.g. Centrelink and Medicare, you will need one of your reference numbers - e.g. your Centrelink Reference Number (CRN); or your Medicare Card Number and Individual Reference Number (IRN) - see image below.
- After your account has been activated you will be taken to your australia.gov.au My Account page. You can click on your connected services through links under My online services.
Further information is available from Department of Human Services Online Services.