Why do I need to create secret questions?
When you first register for an australia.gov.au account you will be asked to create 5 secret questions. To help protect your personal information, you will need to answer one of your secret questions each time you log into your account.
Secret questions and answers are also used if you forget your password.
Tips for creating secret questions
A good secret question and answer should:
- Only have one true answer
- Be about information known only by you and not public
- Be worded so you will immediately know / remember the answer
- Be short and not easy to guess
Examples of good secret questions
- What make and model was my first car?
- Who did I go to my Year 10 formal with?
- What was my first job while at school?
- What was my favourite place to visit as a child?
Forgotten answers to secret questions
If you forget the answers to only one or two of your questions, you will be offered another chance with a further question. If you still can't remember your answers you will lose access to your account completely. You will need to register for a new australia.gov.au account.