• Share on facebook
  • Share on twitter
  • Share on LinkedIn
  • Share on Google+


My Aged Care

Helps you find up-to-date information about Australia's aged care system. It provides easier access to a full range of aged care services and hosts a number of features including aged care home details, help at home and carer information.

Department of Social Services

Aged Care Homes Finder

Helps you locate Australian Government-funded aged care homes that meet your particular needs. You can search for homes in a particular location and you can specify the level of care needed or any special needs. Other accommodation options for older Australians (eg retirement villages) are not covered by this feature.

Department of Social Services

Carer allowance

A supplementary payment available for carers who provide additional daily care and attention for someone with a disability or medical condition, or who is frail aged.

Department of Human Services

Carer payment

An income support payment for people who personally provide constant care in the home of someone with a severe disability, illness, or who is frail aged.

Department of Human Services

Carers (DHS)

There are payments and services to support people who provide full-time care to someone else with a disability, illness or medical condition.

Department of Human Services

Caring for others

Covers a wide range of topics that may be relevant to people who are caring for others, such as caring for someone with dementia, with a mental illness, with a disability, with a drug problem or for someone with cancer.

healthdirect Australia

Commonwealth Respite and Carelink Centres

Centres provide a link to and information about a wide range of community, aged care and support services available locally or across Australia, including services for older people, people with a disability, and those who provide care and services.

Department of Health

Disability and carers

Programs and services and benefits and payments that support people with disabilities and their families and carers. Further support is provided through grants and funding for organisations delivering services for people with disability.

Department of Social Services

Help at Home Finder

Helps you find services that can help you remain independent in your home. Community care services can provide help with everything from housework, meals and personal care, to assistance getting out and about for social activities.

Department of Social Services

Home care today

Supports both older Australians and home care providers as they work out what to expect, what choices they have and how they can make decisions about home care packages using the consumer directed care (CDC) approach.
Tabs: Older Australians | Providers

COTA Australia

Living with a disability

Links to a range of resources about living with a disability, including advice, services, support groups and day to day issues such as dressing, driving and safety. Healthdirect provides links to some of Australia's most authoritative health organisations and their websites.

healthdirect Australia

Office of the Aged Care Commissioner

The office supports the Aged Care Commissioner (the Commissioner whose primary role is to examine complaints lodged against the Aged Care Complaints Scheme and the Australian Aged Care Quality Agency.

Office of the Aged Care Commissioner

Young Carers

Young Carers provides contacts and support for children and young people, families and primary teachers. Their respite and information services program assists young carers to complete their education.

Department of Social Services

Back to top