You can complete the enrol online form to enrol or to get back on the electoral roll, then print, sign and return the form to the Australian Electoral Commission (AEC).
By completing the one form, you will be enrolled to vote in federal, state/territory and local government elections.
Choose the Click to access button below to get started.
Not sure if you're enrolled to vote? Check your enrolment online.
If you have trouble accessing the online enrolment form you can:
Who can use this service?
It is compulsory for all eligible Australian citizens to enrol to vote. You are eligible to enrol and vote if you are:
- an Australian citizen, or a British subject who was enrolled on 25 January 1984
- 18 years or older, and
- have lived at your address for at least one month.
You can enrol at 16 years but cannot vote until you are 18.
What is needed to use this service?
To enrol, you need to show evidence of your identity by:
- providing your driver's licence number, or
- providing your Australian passport number, or
- having your identity confirmed by a person who is on the electoral roll.