Passport information service
The Australian Passport Information Service (APIS) provides a telephone information service to callers inside Australia seven days a week. When you call your questions will be answered by trained and experienced staff.
APIS is not a passport office. It provides information on:
- how to apply for your first Australian passport
- how to complete the passport application form
- where to obtain supporting documentation such as a copy of your full birth certificate
- current passport application fees (it can also accept payment of priority processing and lost or stolen fees)
- where to lodge your application
- the status of your application and how long it will take to process
- how to renew a passport
- how to apply for a child's passport
- what to do if your passport is lost or stolen
- the number of passports you have lost or had stolen
Need your passport urgently?
APIS also arranges appointments for persons to lodge their application or renewal at a passport office where travel is imminent, is for unforeseen, compassionate reasons or requires a travel document other than an Australian passport.
You can contact APIS on 131 232 for the cost of a local call.
If you are overseas please contact an Australian diplomatic or consular mission.