Registration renewal - vehicles (ACT)
Payment details and information about renewing your vehicle registration in the Australian Capital Territory.
For vehicles already registered in the Australian Capital Territory:
- You will be sent a courtesy reminder about four to six weeks before the expiry date of your vehicle's registration.
- Vehicle registration can be renewed up to three months in advance. You do not require a reminder notice to renew your vehicle's registration at any Canberra Connect Shopfront, but you will need the vehicle's number plate details.
Some concession card holders are eligible to renew their registration over the phone.
For more information contact Canberra Connect on 132 281.
Please note - vehicles over 4.5 tonne GVM, public vehicles (taxis, hire cars and buses), modified vehicles, imported vehicles or vehicles without compliance plates MUST attend the Dickson Motor Registry for inspection prior to renewal. Phone 132 281 to make a booking.
For interstate vehicles:
- You must change over your vehicle registration and driver licence within three months of taking up residence in the ACT.
What is needed to use this service?
To renew your vehicle registration online, you will need:
- your Reference Number (found on the reverse of your registration renewal reminder notice),
- your Plate Number and the last 4 characters of the Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) or Chassis Number. If the vehicle is a motorcycle, please check box marked Motorcycle.
If your address details have changed, you must update your details before renewing your registration.