Tax - free help with your tax return
If you are on a low income and want some free and confidential help filling out your tax return the Australian Taxation Office trained Tax Help volunteers may be able to assist.
Who can use this service?
Tax Help is for people on low incomes including, but not restricted to, those who are also seniors, students, people from non-English speaking backgrounds, people with a disability, Aboriginal people or Torres Strait Islander people.
You are eligible for Tax Help if your income is around $50,000 or less for the income year and none of the following situations applied to you in the income year 2010-11:
- you were employed as a contractor (for example a contract cleaner or taxi driver)
- you were in business, including being a sole trader
- you sold shares
- you sold an investment property
- you owned a rental property
- you received royalties
- you received distributions from a trust other than a managed fund
- you received foreign income other than a foreign pension or annuity.
Once you have determined that you are eligible for Tax Help and want to make an appointment, please phone 132 861.
Tax Help is only available July to October each year.