Visa Entitlement Verification Online (VEVO) for Organisations
Employers and labour supply companies can confirm a visa holder's entitlement to work in Australia through Visa Entitlement Verification Online (VEVO).
Other users include education providers who need to check the study entitlement of a visa holder.
Choose the Click to access button below to logon to VEVO.
What if I need more information?
If your organisation has a need to use VEVO for a purpose outside of work and study rights, contact the Employer's Immigration Hotline on 1800 040 070.
If you get an error message from VEVO or want to check the details of a permanent resident that migrated to Australia before 1986, see other ways to check work or visa entitlements for several other available options.
Who can use this service?
- Registered Migration Agents (RMAs) can use the VEVO service
- organisations wishing to verify visa entitlements can use the VEVO service
- only holders of non-Australian passports can be checked in VEVO.
Organisations based outside Australia and foreign governments in Australia cannot register for VEVO.
What is needed to use this service?
If you are a new user or organisation you will need to register to access the VEVO facility.
To register, you must have an Australian Business Number (ABN). In addition:
- RMAs will need to provide their Migration Agent Registration Number (MARN).
- education institutions should provide their Commonwealth Register for Institutions and Courses for Overseas Students (CRICOS) number.
If you have a question about using the VEVO system, or need to record or reset a password, contact the Department on 131 881.