• Share on facebook
  • Share on twitter
  • Share on LinkedIn
  • Share on Google+

Apply for ...

Visa Finder

Helps you find the Australian visa most likely to meet your specific circumstances. It includes the most common Australian visas, but does not include every visa.

Department of Immigration and Border Protection

Apply for an Australian business number

An ABN is a unique 11 digit identifying number that businesses use when dealing with other businesses. You do not have to have an ABN, but having one will avoid having amounts withheld from payments to you; and make it easier to register for GST and other business tax registrations such as PAYG withholding. You can apply for an ABN or access and update your ABN details online.

Australian Taxation Office

Australian Business Licence and Information Service

Find out which government licences and registrations apply to your business. ABLIS helps you find the government licences, permits, approvals, registrations, codes of practice, standards and guidelines you need to know about to meet your compliance responsibilities.

Department of Industry

Building approval [ACT]

Building approval is required for most developments in the Australian Capital Territory to ensure building complies with building laws, including the Building Code of Australia. Information on the page includes links to exemptions information and building approval information pack.

Environment and Sustainable Development Directorate

Citizenship wizard

Provides information about what to do and how to apply for Australian citizenship, based on your answers to a series of questions.

Department of Immigration and Border Protection

Disability Parking Scheme

Provides help to eligible people on how to apply for a permit in their area, allowing them park nearer to their destination. It also offers links to information about the national eligibility criteria and national minimum standards for disability parking concessions.

Department of Social Services

Driver's licence application

Planning to drive for the first time? Provides links to state and territory information on getting your driver's licence.

Electronic Travel Authority (ETA) visa online application

An Electronic Travel Authority (ETA) (subclass 601) is for applicants outside Australia who want to visit Australia for short term tourism or business purposes. An ETA allows you to travel to Australia as many times as required within 12 months from the date of issue. The maximum length of each visit is three months.

Department of Immigration and Border Protection

eVisitor visa online application

An eVisitor (subclass 651) is a free visa for eligible passport holders ​outside Australia who want to visit Australia for tourism or business purposes. You can apply for an eVisitor visa online.

Department of Immigration and Border Protection

Forms and licences [NT]

Access a range of licences, permits and application forms administered by Northern Territory Government agencies.

Department of Business [NT]

Hazardous Waste Act permits

If you want to export or import hazardous waste, or move it in or out of Australia (transit) you must apply for a permit to do so.

Department of the Environment

Legal Aid

Legal aid commissions help people with their legal problems, especially people who are socially or economically disadvantaged. Provides links to state and territory legal aid information.

Passports – apply for, renew or report a lost or stolen Australian passport

Need a passport urgently? Ask about the Priority Processing Service when you lodge your application. Lost or stolen passports must be reported as soon as practicable after you become aware of the loss or theft.

Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade

Permanent migrants or temporary visitors tax file number application

If you are a temporary visitor or permanent migrant, you can apply for a tax file number (TFN) online. Applications can be made at any time if you are in Australia and you have a visa that allows work rights, a visa that allows permanent migration, or a valid visa to stay in Australia indefinitely.

Australian Taxation Office

Permits and licences for activities in Commonwealth Parks and Reserves

If you wish to conduct activities such as commercial tours, commercial filming and photography, research and other commercial activities such as events. in a Commonwealth Park or Reserve you need a permit. This page provides full details and downloads for permits.

Department of the Environment

Proof of Age card

A proof of age card can be used for general identification, and as proof of age for young people over the age of 18.

School Entry Point

Access for the Department of Education's school programs for school representatives to apply for funding.

Department of Education

Sea dumping permits

Permits are required for all sea dumping operations including dumping off vessels, platforms or other man-made structures and for burials at sea.  Australia has International obligations to prevent marine pollution by controlling dumping of wastes and other matter.

Department of the Environment

Seniors Card

Each state and territory has a Seniors Card scheme and some reciprocal arrangements are in place for using your card in other states.

State government concessions

Provides links to state and territory government concessions providing assistance to a range of individuals.

Back to top