• Share on facebook
  • Share on twitter
  • Share on LinkedIn
  • Share on Google+

Inquire ...

Access City Hotline [ACT]

Have you ever had difficulty getting into or around buildings, using doors or stairways, negotiating footpaths, roadways, kerbed areas, reading or understanding signs or directions in the ACT? Phone Access City Hotline on 02 6257 3077.

Citizens Advice Bureau [ACT]

Ask a librarian

Make a reference enquiry online or by post; phone the National Library reference desk during opening hours; or request an appointment with a librarian or curator to receive up to an hour of personalised professional guidance about using the National Library's collection.

National Library of Australia

Child care access hotline

The Child Care Access Hotline 1800 670 305 provides information to help you choose a child care service that meets your needs. The hotline also provides information on possible child care vacancies in local areas.

Department of Education

Fair Work Infoline

Provides information and advice about Australia's workplace rights and rules. If you have a question or problem relating to your workplace, call the Fair Work Infoline on 131 394.

Department of Employment

Family Relationship Centres

The Family Relationship Centres provide a source of information and confidential advice for families at all stages in their life. Whether you are starting a relationship, wanting to make your relationship stronger, or having relationship difficulties, the Centres can help.

Attorney-General's Department

Homeless - Community Engagement Officers

Community Engagement Officers assist people of all ages who are homeless or are having difficulties with their current housing situation to get financial help and other services.

Department of Human Services

International Services

International Services can assist eligible customers to claim foreign pensions and assess their ability to get Australian payments under an international social security agreement or to receive their Australian social security payments while outside Australia.

Department of Human Services

Migration Agents Gateway

The Agents Gateway provides information for migration agents on visa applications, legislation and registration as well as links to other resources.

Department of Immigration and Border Protection

National Business Gateway

The national contact centre makes it easier for Australian businesses to do business with DHS. Phone 131 158.

Department of Human Services

Passport information service

The Australian Passport Information Service (APIS) provides a telephone information service to callers inside Australia seven days a week. When you call, your questions will be answered by trained and experienced staff. APIS is not a passport office.You can contact APIS on 131 232 for the cost of a local call.

Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade

Pregnancy, Birth and Baby

Provides a free phone 1800 882 436* and online service providing information, advice and support through pregnancy, childbirth and the first year of parenthood. Browse the website for information or call the helpline and speak with a qualified counsellor.
* Calls from landlines are free, mobile charges may apply.

healthdirect Australia

Road report (NT)

An essential service for all road users in the Northern Territory, the Road Report website provides up to date road condition information for all government controlled roads.

Department of Infrastructure [NT]

Skills Recognition Information Service

The Australian Skills Recognition Information (ASRI) site helps you to get an assessment of occupational qualifications, skills or experience that you have gained overseas. ASRI can also assist with finding state-specific licensing and registration requirements to practice your occupation in Australia.

Department of Immigration and Border Protection

Tax - change of name, address, date of birth or gender

You can update your address, contact details and nominated representative held by the Australian Taxation Office (ATO) for income tax purposes using the online services. You can update your name, gender or date of birth only by phone, mail or in person as you may require supporting documents.

Print off the form to complete your details and send via post; update them over the phone; or visit an ATO shopfront.

Australian Taxation Office

Tax - personal income tax-related enquiry service

You can get help with your taxes either by contacting the Tax Office by phone or by visiting a Tax Office shopfront.

Australian Taxation Office

Back to top