• Share on facebook
  • Share on twitter
  • Share on LinkedIn
  • Share on Google+

State services: Australian Capital Territory

Access City Hotline [ACT]

Have you ever had difficulty getting into or around buildings, using doors or stairways, negotiating footpaths, roadways, kerbed areas, reading or understanding signs or directions in the ACT? Phone Access City Hotline on 02 6257 3077.

Citizens Advice Bureau [ACT]

ACT State Emergency Service

A volunteer-based organisation that provides urgent community assistance for storms and floods.

ACT Emergency Services Agency


Provides a convenient interactive mapping service. It offers a fast way to search planning maps and associated information by block and section number, street address, division (suburb) or district names; or by places of interest. Create your own electronic maps, save the content and share with others, print hardcopies or export information and run predefined reports at any time.

Environment and Sustainable Development Directorate

Building approval [ACT]

Building approval is required for most developments in the Australian Capital Territory to ensure building complies with building laws, including the Building Code of Australia. Information on the page includes links to exemptions information and building approval information pack.

Environment and Sustainable Development Directorate

Calculators [ACT]

Index page for ACT Revenue Office Calculators for: land and improvement duty; home buyer concession duty; motor vehicle duty; and rates, fire and emergency services levy and land tax.

Chief Minister and Treasury Directorate [ACT]

Canberra Connect (ACT)

Your gateway to online services - what they are, how much they cost and how to pay. Make online payments, request an ACT government service, book or hire an ACT government facility.

ACT Government

Concessions - ACT Government

ACT Government concessions are used to provide assistance to a range of individuals, including older people, people with specific health need, people on low incomes and people with a disability; as well as agencies, such as community groups, schools, hospitals and religious organisations.

Community Services Directorate [ACT]

Fair Trading (ACT)

Provides information to consumers to make them aware and confident when making purchases and makes businesses aware of their obligations and responsibilities under the Australian Consumer Law.

Office of Regulatory Services [ACT]

Fix my street [ACT]

Fix My Street is an online reporting facility that provides direct contact to Australian Capital Territory Government agencies for the reporting of municipal service requests. Residents can submit service requests by choosing from a menu of topics, such as abandoned vehicles, cycle paths, garbage bins, graffiti etc.

ACT Government

Free Plant Issue Scheme [ACT]

If you have purchased a brand new residential block of land in the Australian Capital Territory, you are entitled to an allocation of plants from the Yarralumla Nursery. The ACT Government provides these plants to help you beautify your new home and your suburb.

Territory and Municipal Services Directorate [ACT]

Government directory [ACT]

The Australian Capital Territory Government Directory provides a guide to key people, organisations, functions undertaken and services delivered in the ACT Government.

ACT Government

How to apply for legal assistance [ACT]

Helping people in the ACT with their legal problems, especially people who are socially or economically disadvantaged. Legal Aid can help in criminal law, family law and some civil law matters. Applications for legal assistance are subject to terms and conditions.

Justice and Community Safety Directorate [ACT]

Jobs [ACT]

Search for job opportunities with the ACT Government. Includes links to applicant information and special recruitment (graduate programs, teaching opportunities, temporary and casual registers).

ACT Government

Justices of the Peace [ACT]

Justices of the Peace in the Australian Capital Territory serve the community primarily by administering oaths or affidavits and taking statutory declarations and affirmations; witnessing signatures; and attesting and certifying documents. Includes a link to find a local Justice of the Peace.

Justice and Community Safety Directorate [ACT]

Land titles [ACT]

Registration of all land related transactions pertaining to the purchase and sale of land and properties in the A.C.T. and maintenance of the Land Titles Register. Searches of the of the A.C.T. Land Titles Public Register are available for a determined fee.

Office of Regulatory Services [ACT]

Legislation [ACT]

The Australian Capital Territory Legislation Register provides the community with free and quick access to Acts, subordinate laws, disallowable instruments, approved forms, notifiable instruments, commencement notices and bills.

Parliamentary Counsel's Office [ACT]

Open government [ACT]

Access to information held by the ACT government that can be made publicly available.

Chief Minister and Treasury Directorate [ACT]

Proof of age card (ACT)

Provides a personal identity card available to persons over 18 years of age.

ACT Government


Allows you to complete tasks related to vehicle registration, pay infringements, change your address and find information on vehicle registration, and vehicle inspections.

Road Transport Authority [ACT]

Roads and transport (ACT)

Access to ACT information on transport, including public transport, cycling and walking, and road maintenance.

Road Transport Authority [ACT]

Seniors Card application (ACT)

Provides cardholders with discounts at over 300 businesses in the ACT and is accepted by a number of businesses interstate. The card is available to persons 60 years or over who are permanent residents of the ACT and who are not in paid employment for more than 20 hours per week.

Community Services Directorate [ACT]

Territory and Municipal Services [ACT]

Find information and contact details for municipal services in the Australian Capital Territory.

Territory and Municipal Services Directorate [ACT]

Traffic infringement notice - online payment (ACT)

Information about paying Australian Capital Territory traffic infringement notices.

Road Transport Authority [ACT]

Back to top