Harmful Code means any form of harmful surreptitious code or other contaminants, including viruses, bugs, trojan horses, spyware or adware.
Loss means loss, damage, cost or expense (to any person or property) including consequential or indirect loss or any loss of profits, data or revenue.
Agency means any agency (including departments) of the Australian Government.
You and your means the user of australia.gov.au.
Our, us and we means the Commonwealth of Australia represented by the Department of Finance.
- We may revise these terms and conditions from time to time. Please check our website.
- You agree to use australia.gov.au only for lawful purposes, and in a manner that does not infringe the rights of or restrict or inhibit the use and enjoyment of australia.gov.au by any third party. This includes conduct which is unlawful or which may harass or cause distress or inconvenience to any person, the transmission of obscene or offensive content or disruption to australia.gov.au.
- You must not post or transmit via australia.gov.au any unlawful, defamatory, obscene, offensive or scandalous material, or any material that constitutes or encourages conduct that would contravene any law.
- Your use of australia.gov.au does not:
- affect or reduce any obligation owed to you by any Agency; or
- reduce any obligation you owe to any Agency.
- The australia.gov.au website is not a substitute for independent professional advice and you should obtain any appropriate professional advice relevant to your particular circumstances. You must exercise your own judgement and carefully evaluate the material on australia.gov.au. Please read the full disclaimer statement.
- We take reasonable care in linking australia.gov.au to other websites but we have no direct control over the content presented in those websites or the availability of those websites. Any information on a linked website is provided 'As Is'.
- We make no representation that the material on any linked websites does not infringe the intellectual property rights or any other rights of any person. We do not authorise the reproduction of such material.
- We do not endorse or recommend any links to external websites, or third party content, including products and services offered by, from or through those websites or their content.
- We strive to protect information you provide on australia.gov.au. We will use all reasonable endeavours to ensure that australia.gov.au and your information are not compromised. However, we cannot guarantee that no Harmful Code will enter australia.gov.au. You should be aware of the risks associated with using websites.
- We recommend that you use appropriate and up-to-date firewall and anti-virus software to protect your computer systems.
- Where connection to a system or website outside our control compromises the objectives of australia.gov.au, we may sever links to that website or system.
- For more information about how we protect your privacy and personal information, please see our privacy statement.
- We do not share information about you with other government agencies without your permission unless it:
- is necessary to provide you with a service that you have requested
- is required or authorised by law
- will prevent or lessen a serious and imminent threat to somebody's health.
Last updated: 18 September 2013