• Share on facebook
  • Share on twitter
  • Share on LinkedIn
  • Share on Google+

Crisis and other assistance

Dealing with disasters

Provides information about assistance from the ATO when you have been affected by a disaster, such as a flood, bushfire or storm. They will give you time to deal with your more immediate problems first and then help you to sort out your tax affairs later.

Australian Taxation Office

Death - payments and support services

Payments, counselling and financial services are available to support you after someone close to you dies, including information on the steps that need to be taken, who to notify and links to bereavement payment and bereavement allowance information.

Department of Human Services

Disaster Assist

Provides access to information about recovery assistance following a disaster. You can find up to date public information messages, relevant free call numbers, information on Australian Government assistance packages and links to other related websites and information.

Attorney-General's Department

Help in an emergency

There is financial assistance and services available to people suffering severe financial hardship, recovering from a disaster or needing special assistance within their community.

Department of Human Services

Homeless - Community Engagement Officers

Community Engagement Officers assist people of all ages who are homeless or are having difficulties with their current housing situation to get financial help and other services.

Department of Human Services

Northern Territory - service locator

Service Locator helps you find Department of Health services including urgent care after hours clinic, aged and disability services, dental services, hospitals, hotlines and helplines, palliative care, renal services and sexual assault referral centres.

Department of health [NT]

Back to top