Australian Government ICT Graduate Program
The Australian Government ICT Graduate Program is for ICT Graduates who have completed their degree in ICT within the last 7 years.
As a graduate you will work full-time in an Australian Government agency while completing a post-graduate Diploma in Government with a strong ICT focus. The 12 month Program offers ICT Graduates looking for a challenge with a unique opportunity to apply for a position with numerous Australian Government agencies.
As an Australian Government ICT Graduate you will receive:
- a competitive starting salary
- an ongoing position with the Australian Government
- a whole-of-government graduate development program
- a post graduate qualification with an ICT focus
- Australian Computer Society membership and events
- networking opportunities across government
- flexible working arrangements
- support from managers and colleagues.
To underpin your future ICT career, the Program will offer development opportunities to help you transition into the Australian Government and understand the broader ICT work environment. You will also become a graduate member of the Australian Computer Society to help you strengthen your employment credentials, manage your ICT career, gain new skills and keep your knowledge current.
You will complete a graduate development program and attain a Diploma in Government with a strong ICT focus, including a development opportunity to complete a major ICT project.
How will I stay on track?
You will be offered dedicated support services to ensure your success during the graduate program year. Your workplace supervisor will also guide you in your day-to-day work, answer questions and provide you with advice. You will also have the opportunity to participate in networking events where you can socialise with other ICT professionals and other APS and ICT graduates in order to develop professional and social networks.
In addition, you will participate in activities in an award winning Graduate Development Program, which will provide you with the skills and knowledge you need to become a high performing Australian Government ICT employee.
How do I apply?
Applications for the 2015 Program are now closed. Applications for the 2016 Program are expected to open in March 2015.
To apply you must:
- be an Australian Citizen
- have completed a minimum of an undergraduate degree in ICT within the last 7 years which, if completed overseas, can be recognised in Australia
- be able to pass a security and health assessment.