Australian Government ICT Graduate Program
Are you interested in working in ICT in the Australian Government, but don’t know where to start? We offer a unique program for ICT Graduates looking for a challenge who may be interested in applying for several Australian Government agencies.
The Australian Government ICT Graduate Program is open to ICT Graduates who have completed their degree in ICT within the last 7 years.
As an Australian Government ICT Graduate you will receive:
- a competitive starting salary
- an ongoing position with the Australian Government
- a whole-of-government graduate development program
- a post graduate qualification with an ICT focus
- Australian Computer Society membership and events
- networking opportunities across government
- flexible working arrangements
- support from managers and colleagues
To underpin your future ICT career, our program will offer development opportunities to help you transition into the Australian Government and understand the broader ICT work environment. You will also become a graduate member of the Australian Computer Society to help you strengthen your employment credentials, manage your ICT career, gain new skills and keep your knowledge current.
You will also complete a graduate development program and attain a Diploma in Government with a strong ICT focus, including a development opportunity to complete a major ICT project.
How will I stay on track?
You will be offered dedicated support services to ensure your success during the graduate program year. Your workplace supervisor will also guide you in your day-to-day work, answer questions and provide you with advice. You will also have the opportunity to participate in networking events where you can socialise with other ICT professionals and other APS and ICT graduates in order to develop professional and social networks.
In addition, you will participate in activities in an award winning Graduate Development Program, which will provide you with the skills and knowledge you need to become a high performing Australian Government ICT employee.
How do I apply?
Applications for the 2014 Program are now closed. If you have applied for this Program, please expect an update on progress by 20 May 2013.
To apply you must:
- be an Australian Citizen, or applying for Australian citizenship which would be granted prior to the commencement of the Program
- have completed a minimum of an undergraduate degree in ICT within the last 7 years which, if completed overseas, can be recognised in Australia
- be able to pass a security and health assessment